Conditions for the tyre guarantee
1. subject of the tyre warranty
1.1 A tire warranty only covers the tires listed on the CW Performance Wheels e.K. sales invoice, provided that they are sold with a minimum tread depth of 4 mm and are less than four years old from the date of manufacture (DOT number) and that a tire warranty is expressly provided by CW Performance Wheels e.K. when sold. The tire warranty expressly does not apply to rims or other parts of the wheel, such as mountings, suspensions, brakes, etc., but only to the clean tire.
1.2 The tyre warranty is granted free of charge.
1.3 There is no right to claim the tyre warranty when buying a tyre from CW Performance Wheels e.K. The tire warranty is therefore only valid if it is expressly granted and provided at the time of purchase from CW Performance Wheels e.K. together with the sold complete wheel replacement.
2. scope of the tire warranty
2.1 From the tyre guarantee, the claimant receives the following benefits in the event of an unforeseen puncture caused by external factors (this includes only tyre damage resulting from driving over/against an object (including the kerb), driving in a sharp object and tyre blow-outs):
a) a repair, i.e. repair of the damaged tyre is possible:
(1) If the repair is carried out by CW Performance Wheels e.K:
Credit note for the repair costs incurred for the repair of the damage to the tire up to max. 100 € including VAT. A claim for payment of an amount of money does not exist in any case, so if the repair costs less than 100 €, only a credit note for the repair costs will be issued.
(2) If the repair is not performed by CW Performance Wheels e.K:
Credit note for the original purchase price of the damaged tire (sales invoice from CW Performance Wheels e.K.) in the amount of the repair costs incurred for the repair of the damaged tire up to a maximum of 100 € including VAT. The payment of the credit amount to the claimant is dependent on the presentation and sending of the repair invoice from the repair company with a receipt note by the claimant to CW Performance Wheels e.K.
b) a repair, i.e. repair of the damaged tyre is not possible:
Credit of a sum of money equal to the value per damaged tire as shown in the following table, graded according to tread depth and age of the tire (based on its date of manufacture - DOT number), up to a maximum total of 500 € on the price for the purchase of a new tire from CW Performance Wheels e.K. :
- over 7.9 mm residual tread at the time of damage: 100% of the purchase price of the old tyre, max. 12 months old
- over 7.0 mm residual profile at the time of damage: 80% of the purchase price of the old tyre, max. 24 months old
- over 6.0 mm residual profile at the time of damage: 60% of the purchase price of the old tyre, max. 36 months old
- over 5.0 mm residual profile at the time of damage: 40% of the purchase price of the old tyre, max. 48 months old
- over 4.0 mm residual profile at the time of damage: 20% of the purchase price of the old tyre, max. 60 months old
2.2 A further condition for a warranty service according to paragraph 2.1.b) is that in the event of irreparable damage to the old tire, a new tire of the same type (same model) is purchased and obtained exclusively from CW Performance Wheels e.K. In this case, the amount of money to be refunded according to paragraph 2.1.b) will be credited or offset against the purchase price of the new tire(s). In this case (purchase of new tyres), the amount will be credited exclusively against the purchase price of the tyre(s) and not against any additional services ordered or invoiced, such as fitting costs, delivery costs etc. Under no circumstances shall the claimant be entitled to payment of the credit amount to the claimant, even if the credit amount determined according to the above table (item 2.1.b) should be higher than the purchase price for the new tyre(s).
2.3 All services under the tyre warranty always relate only to the tyre(s) damaged by a warranty event, but not to non-damaged tyres, even if they are on the same axle and/or have to be replaced as a result of a different tread depth resulting from repair or replacement.
2.4 Services under the tyre guarantee are excluded in the following cases:
- tyre damage caused by use of the vehicle by unauthorised drivers
- accidental tyre failure
- tyre damage caused by war, warlike events, civil war, revolution, rebellion, insurrection or acts of government, civil commotion, earthquakes, nuclear energy, nuclear radiation or radioactive substances
- tyre failures due to design, manufacturing or material defects
- tyre failure due to normal or premature wear and tear or ageing or pollution caused by use
- tyre damage, if a third party is responsible for this as a supplier (manufacturer or dealer/specialist), contractor or as a result of a repair order
- Tyre damage that the manufacturer or specialist company accepts as part of the warranty or service
- tyre failure due to climatic influences
- puncture occurring during the time the tyre is fitted
- tyre damage or loss due to theft
- tyre damage or loss due to vandalism
2.5 The benefits under the tyre warranty are limited to the benefits mentioned in paragraph 2.1.
2.6 Benefits under the tyre guarantee are due when CW Performance Wheels e.K. has completed its determination of the performance requirements of the tyre guarantee and the level of benefit and the claimant has submitted and provided all necessary evidence (in particular proof of purchase for tyres sold with a tyre guarantee) and has answered all questions and provided all information required in connection with the determination of the performance requirements. In this context, the claimant is especially obligated to report any tire damage to CW Performance Wheels e.K. immediately, to keep the damaged tire until CW Performance Wheels e.K. has inspected and evaluated it, and to inform CW Performance Wheels e.K. of any damage. to make the damaged tire available for inspection and assessment upon request, to document the damage in a comprehensible manner if possible, to provide all information necessary to determine the performance requirements of the tire warranty without delay, in particular by taking photographs, and to permit any investigation into the cause of the tire damage and the question of whether the damage can be repaired.
If the claimant fails to comply with these obligations, the guarantee benefits shall not be due. CW Performance Wheels e.K. has the option to set a reasonable time limit for the claimant to carry out the outstanding actions and to state that the warranty will expire if the time limit expires without the claimant having fulfilled his obligations. If the claimant does not fulfil his obligations within the time limit despite having been set and notified, the guarantee will expire for the affected guarantee case.
3. claimant of the tyre guarantee
The holder of the tyre warranty and the exclusive beneficiary in relation to the benefits provided under the tyre warranty is the contractual partner CW Performance Wheels e.K. at the time of purchase of the tyre sold together with a tyre warranty.
The tyre warranty and the warranty claims are not transferable. The claims to the benefits from the tire warranty cannot be transferred.
4. guarantee period
The tyre warranty is valid for a period of one year, starting from the date of the purchase receipt of the tyre sold with a tyre warranty. An extension of the tyre warranty is excluded. The tyre warranty expires automatically after one year.